I loved this idea!
Why? You say?
Because I have always wanted to send a package to a loved one through mail. I always liked the idea of a pen pal. No matter how long mail takes it is a sweet gesture, which I think is greater than instant messaging. It takes more thought, time and effort to create a package then a text. It demonstrates real care.
I decided to send my package to my sister, she is living abroad in Florence, Italy for a year or so. I really miss her as she is my best friend. We did everything together before she moved.
My care package consists of:
- a book of Mindy Kaling, we love her!
- One Direction calendar, don’t judge us we were such fangirls
- a beret cause she loves them
- JB Christmas CD, this is her ultimate soundtrack, I don’t understand why
- a journal for her to write in
- a picture and card my niece drew/ made for her, she misses her too
- a jar full of concert tickets and wristbands from all the events we have gone for the past 5 years, we loved to collect them and keep as a memory, it is fun to look through them as see where we have gone
- toothbrush, good hygiene
- Batman coin purse, Christian Bale is our favorite
- a clay pot I made at work and painted so she can put her earrings and bobby pins, so she does not lose them
- pictures of us with my niece and another with our other sister
- Star Wars mini lightsaber, may the force be with you
- delicious Mexican candy my mom brought from Tijuana 2 weeks ago, her favorite She does not know I am sending it so it will be a great surprise! Especially since she has been feeling homesick lately.